Label moving

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Steve L~

Label moving

Post by Steve L~ »

It's probably me but with 2.8 beta I cant seem to move labels any longer ?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Label moving

Post by daniel »

I don't have any issue on my side... Are you working on a Mac with a retina display maybe? Or Any other 'strange' display device?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Windows 10, dual monitor. Otherwise just the normal, with a spacemouse too.

Strangely it only seem to be doing it in one particular file as the one Im now working on is OK too.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Is there any 'strange' entity in this file? A quite uncommon entity type?
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Hi,

This issue has just re-occurred again (I thought it must have been me!), but its definitely present in a few of my currently open files.

A bit more info:
After creating a 2D label (angle measurement in my case) the label does not appear in the tree under its respective cloud.
The 2D label cannot be selected in the graphics window.
Exiting CC and reloading (after a save of course) it then DOES appear in the tree, but if selected in the tree it goes red in the graphics window - but it cannot be moved. It still cannot be selected in the graphics window.

I'm using 2.8 Beta. There are STL derived meshes in the file, a primitive and some saved viewports.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Is the angular label shared by multiple entities? And is it the latest beta?

I tried on my side and I couldn't reproduce the issue (I used STL meshes - just in case ;) - and I made the label span over the two set of vertices).
cc_angular_label.jpg
cc_angular_label.jpg (250.33 KiB) Viewed 16035 times
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Hi Daniel,

It's a single pointcloud and it doesn't seem to matter if the 2d label is angle or distance, it just will not select in the graphic window. I have just discovered that I have the same problem with the cross section interactors - I cant move those either - in both cases the if I click on the interactor or 2D label the cloud behind it moves as if if they were not there. Strange as the cross section tool is my most frequently used toy.

Im using the 2.8 beta 16/9/2016 with 3D spaceball, 2 x monitors, Dell M6700, Windows 10
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Do you have screens with an insanely big resolution maybe? 4K?

Otherwise, can you try to set the default picking mechanism to 'OpenGL' (it's in the Display options I believe). And then try to pick an entity? You may have an issue with the driver (well, not a real issue, but more like they dropped the support for picking - I had one computer with this issue - I never tried to play with labels though).
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Do you have screens with an insanely big resolution maybe? 4K?

I wish ! ;)

No just running at 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz on a Nvidia Quadro K5000M.

I cant find the OpenGl picking setting in display options, although I'm sure it used to be there. Ive tried disabling GPU loading but that didnt help.

I havnt changed my video driver for a long time, perhaps I'll try that.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Ah, this is frustrating. I've updated all my drivers but no change.

I can select points and vertexes fine, but labels and cross-section grips are elusive

Any one else having this problem ? or perhaps using a Quadro K5000M card so I can compare drivers?

I really dont want to have buy a new PC ;/