Maximum file's size

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
skarab

Re: Maximum file's size

Post by skarab »

daniel wrote:Something like 'Edit > Scan grids > Delete'?
I don't found it. The only option that contains " scan grids" is "Edit > Mesh > Mesh scan grids"

Sorry for the delay, i don't receive notifications

Edit : I effectivly "scan grids" in the properties but no way to modify them. Their number is bigger than the initial number of initial .fls. Ideas ?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Oh you must be right. This means Romain never pushed this modification :D (I'll ask him about this).

Each time you segment a cloud, the grid is duplicated. And I guess if you merge the subsets afterwards, the grids are not 'merged' but copied next to each other...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
skarab

Post by skarab »

daniel wrote:Oh you must be right. This means Romain never pushed this modification :D (I'll ask him about this).

Each time you segment a cloud, the grid is duplicated. And I guess if you merge the subsets afterwards, the grids are not 'merged' but copied next to each other...
Thanks for the answer. Let me know if there a modification or something I can do

Edit :
I'm still asking why my files are so big. The grids have a weight ? The same with or without have a very different weight.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Romain just pushed his modifications. It's integrated in the latest 2.9 beta version (online).

(Scan grids are quite big indeed ;)
skarab

Post by skarab »

Thanks for all. I will try it with my colleg today. Do you know if there a way to install different version ? We have many problems with .fls compatibility since we try to install to install 2.7 and 2.8.1 simultanatly.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I bet it's always possible to install CC in different folders? I'm just not sure if the installer tries to delete the previous version whatever the destination folder is...

And what are the issues you have exactly with the FARO plugin?