problem / chrash - Delaunay 2.5D triangulation

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Sch

problem / chrash - Delaunay 2.5D triangulation

Post by Sch »

Hello,
I'm new in CC. I would like to use the method Delaunay 2.5D triangulation. But after a few seconds I get an error message that the system is chrashed. The program is closed after the message. This is the same problem as here: viewtopic.php?t=1054 I'm working with the version 2.6.0.
What's the problem? What can I do?
My computer has enough memory and the processor, video card are suitable to work with point cloud.
Thanks a lot.
I am waiting for the answer.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: problem / chrash - Delaunay 2.5D triangulation

Post by daniel »

What is the size of the point cloud? You could try with a more recent version (we are already at the 2.9 beta version ;), but I believe the 2.6 version was already relying on CGAL which has no known limitation (apart from the memory of course... have you monitored the RAM usage with the task manager while launching the algorithm?).

Don't hesitate to share the cloud with me (cloudcompare [at] danielgm.net) if you want to me to test / debug it on my side.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Sch

Re: problem / chrash - Delaunay 2.5D triangulation

Post by Sch »

Dear Daniel,

It works great, because I installed the version v2.8.1 and this allows to run the method. I could intall it although 'as administrator', because without this step it could not run on the computer.
Thanks a lot for your fast answer.