LAZ/LAS import error

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Heidi

LAZ/LAS import error

Post by Heidi »

Using version CloudCompare Omnia 2.9.1 [Windows 64-bit]

When attempting to import either LAZ or LAS generated using Global Mapper I have been given the errors below. I've not changed any of my normal processes and have not had this error before.
I updated Cloud Compare and received the same errors.

Error
Liblas exception 'version minor out of range'

Error
An error occurred while loading 'Ground': the third-party library is in charge of saving/loading the file has thrown an exception

Any tips how to overcome this issue?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: LAZ/LAS import error

Post by daniel »

Yes, it's probably because Globalmapper has changed the version of LAS files it generates.

You can either change the file filter (there's a dedicated "LAS 1.3 or 1.4" filter in the file loading dialog - we use a different third party library to load them) or use the latest 2.10.alpha version (we use yet another third party library).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Thanks Daniel. I have tried installing Omnia 2.9.1 and am receiving the error:

"CloudCompare.exe - System Error
The code executions cannot proceed because MSVCP140D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

"The code execution cannot proceed because ucrtbased.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Now the program will not even open. I've uninstalled and re-installed and am still getting the same error.

Suggestions?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ouch, apparently something is relying on a wrong DLL in the current package. I'll fix this asap and report back.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Okay, I fixed it (a wrong library has slipped inside the package ;) ).