E57 support in linux [was XERCES not found]

All about Linux portage
daniel
Site Admin

Re: E57 support in linux [was XERCES not found]

Post by daniel »

Okay, I just fixed the issue with PCV, and partly with PoissonRecon (I asked the author for the right fix for the 'DIMENSION' error).

And I also fixed the libE57 CMake script (there was a wrong 'else' case - 'elseif' was used instead of 'else'). I also simplified the script a little bit. I hope it will fix the issue this time ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jgpallero

Post by jgpallero »

daniel wrote:Okay, I just fixed the issue with PCV, and partly with PoissonRecon (I asked the author for the right fix for the 'DIMENSION' error).

And I also fixed the libE57 CMake script (there was a wrong 'else' case - 'elseif' was used instead of 'else'). I also simplified the script a little bit. I hope it will fix the issue this time ;)
After your changes, the errors in compilation are (note there is still an error related to omp_init_lock(&writelock); in line 433 of Geometry.inl file):

Code: Select all

[ 31%] Building CXX object plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp.o
In file included from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Geometry.h:378:0,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Ply.h:220,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.h:21,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp:18:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Geometry.inl: In constructor ‘CoredVectorMeshData<Vertex>::CoredVectorMeshData()’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Geometry.inl:433:26: error: cannot convert ‘void**’ to ‘omp_lock_t*’ for argument ‘1’ to ‘void omp_init_lock(omp_lock_t*)’
  omp_init_lock(&writelock);
                          ^
In file included from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.h:174:0,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.h:23,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp:18:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl: In member function ‘bool ASCIIOrientedPointStream<Real>::nextPoint(OrientedPoint3D<Real>&)’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:68:12: error: ‘DIMENSION’ was not declared in this scope
  float c[2*DIMENSION];
            ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:69:45: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
  if( fscanf( _fp , " %f %f %f %f %f %f " , &c[0] , &c[1] , &c[2] , &c[3] , &c[4] , &c[5] )!=2*DIMENSION ) return false;
                                             ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:70:11: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
  p.p[0] = c[0] , p.p[1] = c[1] , p.p[2] = c[2];
           ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl: In member function ‘bool ASCIIOrientedPointStreamWithData<Real, Data>::nextPoint(OrientedPoint3D<Real>&, Data&)’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:247:12: error: ‘DIMENSION’ was not declared in this scope
  float c[2*DIMENSION];
            ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:248:45: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
  if( fscanf( _fp , " %f %f %f %f %f %f " , &c[0] , &c[1] , &c[2] , &c[3] , &c[4] , &c[5] )!=2*DIMENSION ) return false;
                                             ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:249:11: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
           ^
plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:682: recipe for target 'plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:116: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
jgpallero

Post by jgpallero »

jgpallero wrote:
daniel wrote:Okay, I just fixed the issue with PCV, and partly with PoissonRecon (I asked the author for the right fix for the 'DIMENSION' error).

After your changes, the errors in compilation are (note there is still an error related to omp_init_lock(&writelock); in line 433 of Geometry.inl file):

[ 31%] Building CXX object plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp.o
In file included from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Geometry.h:378:0,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Ply.h:220,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.h:21,
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Geometry.inl: In constructor ‘CoredVectorMeshData<Vertex>::CoredVectorMeshData()’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/Geometry.inl:433:26: error: cannot convert ‘void**’ to ‘omp_lock_t*’ for argument ‘1’ to ‘void omp_init_lock(omp_lock_t*)’
  omp_init_lock(&writelock);
                          ^
In file included from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.h:174:0,
                 from /home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.h:23,
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl: In member function ‘bool ASCIIOrientedPointStream<Real>::nextPoint(OrientedPoint3D<Real>&)’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:68:12: error: ‘DIMENSION’ was not declared in this scope
  float c[2*DIMENSION];
            ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:69:45: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
                                             ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:70:11: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
           ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl: In member function ‘bool ASCIIOrientedPointStreamWithData<Real, Data>::nextPoint(OrientedPoint3D<Real>&, Data&)’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:247:12: error: ‘DIMENSION’ was not declared in this scope
  float c[2*DIMENSION];
            ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:248:45: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
                                             ^
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/PointStream.inl:249:11: error: ‘c’ was not declared in this scope
           ^
plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/Src_CC_wrap/PoissonReconLib.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:682: recipe for target 'plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/CMakeFiles/QPOISSON_RECON_LIB.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:116: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
The error referred to omp_init_lock(&writelock); can be fixed using omp_init_lock((omp_lock_t*)(&writelock));

About the DIMENSION definition, it is defined as #define DIMENSION 3 in trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src/Octree.h. I've tried to include this file in PointStream.inl, but an error due to multiple definition of a function appears. If DIMENSION is defined again in PointStream.inl, the compilation works without errors (the other errors, those referred to ‘c’ was not declared in this scope, disappear). I think DIMENSION must be 3 also in this part, as we can see in the line

where six values are read
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

As I said, for the 'DIMENSION' error I was waiting for a fix from the author of PoissonRecon himself ;)

Now it's online (warning: I also switched to a proper submodule for PoissonRecon now that it's on github).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin