Compiling CC on Lubuntu, issue with cmake

All about Linux portage
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Compiling CC on Lubuntu, issue with cmake

Post by daniel »

So first of all:
  • be sure that the BUILD directory is not under the 'trunk' one (i.e. the git repository) othrewise it can really mess things up
  • the 'ccViewer' folder shouldn't be under the 'plugins' folder?! You should clean everything and restart from a clean repository
  • never look inside the BUILD directory, nor modify anything there (it's CMake-only property ;).
  • Only look at the INSTALL one (/usr/bin by default). Plugins should be in '/usr/bin/CloudCompare/plugins' (and make sure you have updated the .so files location)
If you want plugins you have to compile them first. You have to explicitly 'enable' them in CMake first (are you using cmake-gui by the way? With a graphical interface? It helps a lot to understand what's going on).

Beware that some plugins requires third party library and a bit of tinkering... Some are not even working on Linux.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
muzo583

Re: Compiling CC on Lubuntu, issue with cmake

Post by muzo583 »

daniel wrote:So first of all:
  • be sure that the BUILD directory is not under the 'trunk' one (i.e. the git repository) othrewise it can really mess things up
  • the 'ccViewer' folder shouldn't be under the 'plugins' folder?! You should clean everything and restart from a clean repository
  • never look inside the BUILD directory, nor modify anything there (it's CMake-only property ;).
  • Only look at the INSTALL one (/usr/bin by default). Plugins should be in '/usr/bin/CloudCompare/plugins' (and make sure you have updated the .so files location)
If you want plugins you have to compile them first. You have to explicitly 'enable' them in CMake first (are you using cmake-gui by the way? With a graphical interface? It helps a lot to understand what's going on).

Beware that some plugins requires third party library and a bit of tinkering... Some are not even working on Linux.
Thank you very much Daniel, I have succed to install some plugins with your directions..