cincinatee

Compilation Errors: MSVS 2013 Qt 5.6.1

Post by cincinatee »

need help to solve these errors and compile the cloudcompare on windows 7

daniel
Site Admin

Re: Compilation Errors: MSVS 2013 Qt 5.6.1

Post by daniel »

It seems that you are using a version of Qt that has not been compiled with Visual 2013 (you must use the Qt version that matches your version of Visual).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
cincinatee

Post by cincinatee »

Great! I have used Qt 5.5.1 and it finally works.

1] I have troubles installing libLAS. But when I open .bin files, which consists of .LAS files. I can process on them(distance compare,registration, segmentation etc.) except save them in .LAS file format.

2] Also what does it mean by " Make the BOOST_ROOT environment variable point to your Boost installation before launching CMake in order for the automatic 'find_package' script to work properly" in documentation?

3] I have installed liblas binaries from OSGeo4W but getting this errors (not sure if this is the right forum to ask about it.)

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.2/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:685 (file):
file STRINGS file "C:/OSGeo4W64/include/boost-1_56/boost/boost/version.hpp" cannot be read.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
contrib/LiblasSupport.cmake:18 (find_package)
contrib/AllSupport.cmake:4 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:97 (include)

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.2/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1182 (message):
Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 0.0.0

Boost include path: C:/OSGeo4W64/include/boost-1_56/boost

Detected version of Boost is too old. Requested version was 1.38 (or newer).
Call Stack (most recent call first):
contrib/LiblasSupport.cmake:18 (find_package)
contrib/AllSupport.cmake:4 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:97 (include)

4] Daniel, which boost version do you use on your side? I found out there are some errors with Boost and MSVS 2013.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

1) When you load a LAS file in CC, you get a point cloud. And this point cloud can be saved in various other formats (BIN, etc.). In this case you lose all ties with the original LAS file.

If you don't have libLAS linked to the main project, you indeed can't load or save LAS files (as this is what libLAS is used for ;).

2) In CMake, you have to make the 'BOOST_ROOT' variable make point to the root directory of the Boost library that was used to compile libLAS (e.g. 'E:/boost/boost_1_60_0_vs2013_64bits'). If it is not already visible in CMake, you'll have to create it. And sometimes, setting it won't be sufficient and the variable will even be undefined after you click on Configure. In this case it can be helpful to define the 'BOOST_LIBRARYDIR' variable as well (e.g. 'E:/boost/boost_1_60_0_vs2013_64bits/lib64-msvc-12.0').

3) I don't know how it works with OSGeo4W (I have compiled libLAS myself).

4) 1.60
Daniel, CloudCompare admin