RGB to IHS

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
daniel
Site Admin

Re: RGB to IHS

Post by daniel »

Eventually I took some time to implement this method.

You'll find it under 'Edit > Colors > Enhance with intensities' in the latest 2.8 beta version.

I couldn't find clouds with clean intensities and bad RGB colors. Therefore I couldn't test it properly. Can you try it on your side? And see if you get the same results?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Haowyr

Post by Haowyr »

Seems good to me, and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster, thanks :) No need to code the command line to make it automatically ;)
jochemla

Post by jochemla »

Hi daniel,
Not sure I should post in this thread because of the posts following the original answer.

1- Are you planning on integrating the feature of RGB to HSV (in scalar fields), or can you point me toward the steps to code it and do a PR ?
This can be a useful addition for segmenting points with the same hue for example.

2- Another nice addition when filtering from scalar fields can be to have more complex filters for example SF1 in range (min1-max1) and SF2 in range (m2,M2) or SF3 in range (m3,M3).
Should I add them in the CloudCompare git repo ?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

1) The easiest way to do this would be to mimic the way 'MainWindow::doActionScalarFieldFromColor' works (it actually calls ccEntityAction::sfFromColor).

In 'ccEntityAction::sfFromColor' we display a dialog to let the user choose the exported fields, but you don't even need to do this (you can create 3 scalar fields, 'Hue', 'Saturation' and 'Value'). This will simplify the code a lot.

If you make a PR with such a 'ccEntityAction::hsvSFFromColor' method, I can connect it to the application menu if you feel a bit lost.

2) If you have such a tool (with dialog?) then don't hesitate to add them indeed (any contribution is gladly welcome ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
ingoplem

Pipe and structure analysis

Post by ingoplem »

please i would like to know how to perform 3D modeling in CC?
Elbruno

Post by Elbruno »

Hey Daniel, thx for implement the method!

I will test it, and will post the results ASAP.

Glad to see it in CC.

TYVM!