Global Shift option "No To All"

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
orinn

Global Shift option "No To All"

Post by orinn »

Danielle,

I'm bringing in a 3D model via FBX that has a couple thousand pieces to it. I get the warning I'm going to lose precision if I maintain my coordinate system and Cloud Compare suggests a global shift. I have an option to say "Yes" and "Yes to all" and "No". Because the model is made of several pieces it asks me for each and every piece. I'm ok with the loss of precision, but have to say no for each and every part. I request a "No to all" option.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Global Shift option "No To All"

Post by daniel »

Sorry to ask, but why don't you want to use 'Yest to All'? CC will restore the original coordinates if you export the mesh afterwards.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
orinn

Post by orinn »

"Yes to all" fails, because I tell it to use zero transformation, cloud compare flags the loss of precision and stops me on the next piece warning me that my previous transformation will result in a loss of precision for the next peice. If yes to all bypassed this it would work just fine.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Oh I was meaning, why not actually using the Global shift mechanism (with a shift that actually makes the coordinates smaller). You are really going to lose precision if you click on "no" or use a (0, 0, 0) shift.

Adding a "No to all" option or accepting a (0, 0, 0) shift is a bit tedious... and pretty dangerous.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin