Gamepad support

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
dhirota

Re: Gamepad support

Post by dhirota »

I am running CC2.8.1 and using Oculus Rift system and it works well, but slowly. I think the model size needs to be reduced. The original theater model scan is 265M points and reduced by 95% and meshed with texture applied resulting in about 10M faces as a PLY file.

I am trying to use my XBOX controller, but it says that "no device registered" in file>gamepad>enable. Should it work without Oculus?
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
dennishirota@gmail.com
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yes it should, but I have a really hard time to make the XBox controller work on several PCs even on my side. It's a bit mysterious for now, but I know that the gamepad support is still in beta in Qt 5.7. Hopefully the next version should fix this issue. I'll try it asap.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
dhirota

Post by dhirota »

We have 3 XBOX controllers and they are working on W7SP1, 8.1SP1 and W10 with just the Windows drivers.

The 3DConnextion is working on CC with Oculus, but does not seem to be moving with the standard display. What is the command to access the speed differences on CC?
dennishirota@gmail.com
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yes, the XBox controller issue is not with Windows, it's really with the version of Qt we use (at least this is what I guessed from my own issues).

What do you mean by '[it] does not seem to be moving with the standard display'? And what speed differences are you referring to? (sorry ;) ).
dhirota

Post by dhirota »

Daniel

I just figured out the problem. The mesh and point clouds that I am trying to open are just too large so they seem not to move or are moving slowing so it is difficult to see them move. I opened a significantly smaller mesh and it was very easy to move the object with the 3D mouse.
dennishirota@gmail.com
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I believe the cloud / mesh units must be 'meters' to work properly with the Oculus.
dhirota

Post by dhirota »

We have the units in meters and Oculus is working OK, but slow. We need to reduce the mesh size significantly to have it working like we would like to have it working with the 3D mouse or XBOX(not working currently).
dennishirota@gmail.com