Coordinate format / VisualSFM

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
Thomas_St

Coordinate format / VisualSFM

Post by Thomas_St »

Hello,

I want to suggest two improvements for CludCompare.

1st:
It would be great if the programm could manage long coordinates for the georeferencing.
At the moment I have to remove the first four digits to do this. An then I have to move the model to the correct position by myself.

2nd:
If CloudCompare would support VisualSFM, it would be possible to import the VisualSFM-Project (with the saved camera positions).
Then it should be possible to measure the points for the georeferencing in the images itself, instead of the point-cloud, which would be much more accurate.

Best regards
Thomas
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Coordinate format / VisualSFM

Post by daniel »

Hi,

1) What is the input format you are using? Normally, if coordinates are too big CC gives you the choice to translate them automatically (you can apply the same transformation to multiple files if they are loaded in a row).

2) I'll take a look at VisualSFM!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Thomas_St

Post by Thomas_St »

1) Before taking the pictures, i placed and measured four reference points on the object. The coordinates of the measured point are in the Gauss-Krueger format (Potsdam-Datum, Bessel-Ellipsoid) that is usal in Germany. They look like this:

Code: Select all

Y[m]              X[m]                   Z[m]
3349117.189        5543271.667              347.552
If I try to do the georeferencing without cutting the first four digits (from the X and Y coordinate), CC makes nonsense.

2) It would be great, if CC would support the output format from VisualSFM (wich is very popular). You can find it here: http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~ccwu/vsfm/
jfhullo

Post by jfhullo »

Old Topic _ I would approve a support of VisualSFM in CloudCompare. Would be very useful to combine 2 great softwares (http://www.uni-koeln.de/~al001/airphotose.html already use both by the way).