Canupo Suggest Classifier Crash

For any question about plugins!
Sean

Canupo Suggest Classifier Crash

Post by Sean »

Hello
I have been using Canupo via the command line in Windows 7 and am running into a problem when trying to create my own classifiers. Whenever suggest_classifier_lda.exe or suggest_classifier_svm.exe is run they end up crashing no matter what the point cloud file sizes are. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround? The hope is to be able to ultimately automate feature extraction and this is a critical step.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (102.69 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
Dimitri

Re: Canupo Suggest Classifier Crash

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Sean,

the command line version of CANUPO is not related to Cloudcompare and is not maintained anymore. I would anyway suggest that you use the qCANUPO plugin to create a classifier as it is much easier to visualize the results and explore the impact of various choices of scales...I have not used suggest_classifier for at least 2 years now ! But if you really want to use it, you can contact Nicolas Brodu by email to ask about this bug. I'm using win7 64 bits and with the 64 bits version of suggest_classifier, I never had any problem.

Note: you can use the classify command line with the .prm file created by the qCANUPO plugin if you want to batch process classification (but the windows version is not as optimized as the cloudcompare version, and is much longer).

Dimitri
Sean

Post by Sean »

Thanks so much for the quick response Dimitri!
I didn't realize the plugin would save out a .prm file (which is what is ultimately needed) so it makes sense to go this route.
juliajing72

Post by juliajing72 »

Hi

I've been trying to use the Canupo windows command line tool to batch process some data recently and it crashes everytime I use my own data. I have used the qCanopo tool on CloudCompare and its work really well (the same data I'm trying to process with the command line version). I also tried the using the command line tool to process the example data and it doesn't crash when using the example data.
I'm using it on Win10 64 bit machine. does anyone have the similar issue or could guess what's wrong with my data??

thank you!!