classifier

For any question about plugins!
Haowyr

Re: classifier

Post by Haowyr »

IMO you'd better start isolating "easier" parts such as vegetation or ground and then classify the tower from the remaining point cloud.
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

daniel wrote:I don't think the terrain is the problem (I have seen very complex scenes properly segmented). Generally the issue is more with the data. You need dense LIDAR point clouds such as TLS scans. I'm not sure an airborne scan is dense enough.

Don't hesitate to send me a cloud sample if you want me to try (cloudcompare [at] danielgm.net).
how can i send you my test date?
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Bonnie wrote:
daniel wrote:I don't think the terrain is the problem (I have seen very complex scenes properly segmented). Generally the issue is more with the data. You need dense LIDAR point clouds such as TLS scans. I'm not sure an airborne scan is dense enough.

Don't hesitate to send me a cloud sample if you want me to try (cloudcompare [at] danielgm.net).
how can i send you my test date?
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eSuWWPc
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Haowyr wrote:IMO you'd better start isolating "easier" parts such as vegetation or ground and then classify the tower from the remaining point cloud.
thank you
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hi Bonnie,

Sadly I couldn't download the file through Baidu (the download process is very slow and it fails after a while).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

daniel wrote:Hi Bonnie,

Sadly I couldn't download the file through Baidu (the download process is very slow and it fails after a while).
what should i do? how can i send you
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Do you have a Google Drive or Dropbox account maybe?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Ohlaris

Post by Ohlaris »

Haowyr wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 am https://fr.scribd.com/document/33574590 ... rrDumW81E0

Imo, the easiest way to explain the scale is "how close from the object you look at it and what general shape it has from it". When you have a scale of 5cm, you take a 5cm sphere part of the cloud and check if it looks like a line, a plane or something in 3D.
Hi Haowyr, I am also interested in reading your thesis chapter. Do you have another pdf version that allow us to copy the text into google translate so that non-french speakers can read it too ? Also can you provide us your thesis?
Thank you