PCV AO Comparison Images

For any question about plugins!
PablerasBCN

PCV AO Comparison Images

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hello.

I share this PSD with several test I've perform to fully understant the behaviour of the plugin. I was noticing that maxing out the values in some of my dataset did end up in too bright output so I did some tests to see how values affect teh output.

https://mega.nz/#!t592zSrD!32t2mZXEtDTE ... baSKoRBgAg

Beware that ressults may vary depending on the dataset you've. The used dataset image is the first on out of the layer groups, about 100K points per cell.

There are 3 data groups in the PSD.

Fixed 256 rayx and ressults changing resolution
Fixed 1024 resolution and Increasing ray number
Increasing ray and resolution count. (I accidentally moved the cam so wont seamlesly blend changes with other groups )

I was noticing that "rendering" the light with both values maxed, was providing a bit too bright ressults. I like the darker version because in the lighter versions some detail gets wiped and darker gives somehow more depth to the cloud.

So, as a rule, the Ray ammount maintains the lighting darkness and increases the definition, reducing the visible "pixelation" . I wanted to avoid following term as much as possible to avoid confusion but it feels like ray amount affects "resolution" of the end ressult.

Resolution value modifies the how brightly the scene does render. If you max it up to 4096 with low ray number "pixelation" in end ressult will still visible and the scene will be much brighter.

Aside from the seams on the corners the plugins does a magnificent job. May be some tint in the light colour could be cool.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: PCV AO Comparison Images

Post by daniel »

Thanks for this report (even if I can't open PSD files on my side :D)

Note that you can always change the dynamics of the scalar fields afterwards (by increasing the min saturation value for instance). And of course you can define a custom (absolute) color scale to match your preferences and apply it to all the clouds.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PablerasBCN

Re: PCV AO Comparison Images

Post by PablerasBCN »

I was not aware you could modify the "brightness". cool feature. will test.

I exported layers to images.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuliwwO_siw1iwJMzGwLpeAnco9i