Compiling on Mac OSX

All about Mac OS portage
Jip

Compiling on Mac OSX

Post by Jip »

Hi,

I'm trying to build CloudCompare from source on Mac OSX.
I'd like to try if I can provide a solution to Command Line C2C_dist Questions [viewtopic.php?t=1220] by adding a Print() statement.

Before I can try to implement a solution I need to be able to successfully compile CloudCompare from source.

I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/cloudcompare/trunk/b ... r/BUILD.md
I successfully generated a project using CMake. I chose Xcode as the generator because I didn't see Clang listed (and Clang is the default compiler for Mac OS X).

But when trying to build the project from Xcode I get these errors:

I also tried with a different branch (Qt5) but with no success.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.10.

Any tips on how to build on OS X would be appreciated.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Compiling on Mac OSX

Post by daniel »

I know Andy is compiling the Mac OS version with Qt Creator (and clang). But he'll answer better than me!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
asmaloney

Post by asmaloney »

As Daniel mentioned I don't use Xcode - so I can't really say much about that.

When setting up my initial CMake build, I chose CodeBlocks for use with Qt Creator. I also use Unix Makefiles if I'm doing just a command line compile (no IDE) - and I use that to make install and put together the final packages for release.

Both use the default compiler unless you change it in CMake.

(Edit: I should also mention that the last time I compiled CC was a week or two ago and Daniel has been making changes, so...)
asmaloney

Post by asmaloney »

@Jip:

Daniel fixed that OpenGL error. I have also fixed any other compile errors on Mac OS X, so you should be able to compile it with the latest commit (abab41ca97d75628302ae8abc236b64940166f48).

I don't see any reason Xcode shouldn't work - it's using Clang too - though I don't know what that "/bin/sh" error is all about. Maybe something to do with the CMake output?