ccViewer.app Build

All about Mac OS portage
asmaloney

ccViewer.app Build

Post by asmaloney »

I'm hoping there are other Mac people out there willing to try out a build of ccViewer.app to let me know how it goes. The goal of the build is to create a proper Mac application by bundling all the libs and files together. These changes have already been merged into the main codebase (thanks Daniel!).

I put up a build of the viewer on my site.
  • You should be able to drag files onto the app to open them - either the app itself or the dock when it's running
  • Most file types that the viewer supports are included - I left out some of the common text file types
  • Right-clicking a document with a file types in the Finder should give you an option to open the file with ccViewer
  • I've only tried it on Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7, so I don't know about 10.8
If you try it out, please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

- Andy
daniel
Site Admin

Re: ccViewer.app Build

Post by daniel »

That''s great! I'll put a link on the download page.

Thanks,

Daniel
tom2

Post by tom2 »

asmaloney wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 am I'm hoping there are other Mac people out there willing to try out a build of ccViewer.app to let me know how it goes. The goal of the build is to create a proper Mac application by bundling all the libs and files together. These changes have already been merged into the main codebase (thanks Daniel!).

I put up a build of the viewer on my site.
  • You should be able to drag files onto the app to open them - either the app itself or the dock when it's running
  • Most file types that the viewer supports are included - I left out some of the common text file types
  • Right-clicking a document with a file types in the Finder should give you an option to open the file with ccViewer
  • I've only tried it on Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7, so I don't know about 10.8
If you try it out, please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

- Andy
Have you tested the recent ccViewer.app Mac build? It aims at enticing all necessary files by offering smooth drag-and-drop file opening, support for various formats, and Finder integration. It works flawlessly on macos 10.6, and 10.7, but does anyone happen to know anything about compatibility with 10.8, and beyond? Please share your experience!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

The latest 'working' version of CloudCompare on macOS is now kindly provided by Paul Rascle (CloudCompy): https://www.simulation.openfields.fr/in ... d-binaries

You can ignore the Conda/Python stuff, and use CloudCompare.app which is in the Cloudcompare folder.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin