New Build 20130319

All about Mac OS portage
asmaloney

New Build 20130319

Post by asmaloney »

I put up a new version of the Mac OS X builds for Tom...

These builds include support for LAS/LAZ and X3D.

You can grab the DMG which includes both the CloudCompare and ccViewer apps from my website.

- Andy
macsurveyr

Re: New Build 20130319

Post by macsurveyr »

Andy,

Thanks for the LAS support. I have not tested thoroughly but loaded several files without a hitch.

Nice work.

Tom
piero539

Post by piero539 »

Great!!!... working on cloud on mac is great!! And It seems better than windows (iMac vs Xeon+Quadro4000 !!)..

Only a question: there are no E57 file format in input! :( ... is it possible to add it in next compiling, please?

@ asmaloney
We working a lot on softwares (a lot of softwares :( ) and hardwares about surveying, 3d modeling, realtime, rendering and so on (www.artificiodigitale.com) but we have no programming skills :( ... I see you starting another project about PCL libraries. If we can help in this project (and CloudCompare project too) by our skill (testing, using, distribution, ...) we are enjoy to.
Currently we cooperate by academic to get some reseraching and development founds... maybe is possible to create an interstate academic or commercial parternship.
asmaloney

Post by asmaloney »

piero539:

I just took a look at the E57 library and unfortunately it does not support Mac OS X.

With the PCL post on my site, I was investigating it for potential use in a project. I determined that, for what I'm doing, it was too complicated to build, so I decided not to use it for now. I know they are continuing to improve it so I may look at it again later.

Thanks for your feedback!