debug the new plugin

Questions related to plugins development
snfge

debug the new plugin

Post by snfge »

Hi!
I have complied the cloudcompare, I want to write some new plugin, but I don't know how to debug it? Please give me some suggestions, Thank you.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: debug the new plugin

Post by daniel »

What do you mean: do you want to develop a new plugin or do you want to debug it?

If it's about development, look at the document at the project root (designing_a_new_qCC_plugin.rtf). There's also some posts on the forum that can help.

Otherwise... you should seek information on how to use a debugger (either Visual's one or gdb on Linux). But that's not the best place to start ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
snfge

Post by snfge »

Hi daniel!
Thank you first, my mean is I want to devlop some new plugins on CC, but I don't know how to debug it? I use the vs2010, please give help me. I want to how many points the CC can display?
Thank you.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Not sure I understand what you mean by "debug" here. Is your plugin already developed?

Otherwise, the number of points that can be stored only depends on your memory capacity (max 90 M. per Gb). You can then display all of them... but even with a high end graphic card, don't expect to keep a good framerate over 200 M..
snfge

Post by snfge »

Hi daniel!
I have developed the plugin, but I want to know the change of variable confused step by step. How can I do it?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well I guess you could get more information on a Visual Studio forum:
Lucien

Post by Lucien »

daniel wrote:Well I guess you could get more information on a Visual Studio forum:

I couldn't debug as you said
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.22 KiB) Viewed 6012 times
. I got this error when use F5.
If I generate just the INSTALL project, it compile without stop.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

With Visual you have to set the default startup project. Right click on the 'CloudCompare' project and set it as 'Startup project' ('Définir comme projet de démarrage' en français).

But be sure to 'compile' the install project anyway and set the default executable of the 'CloudCompare' project as the installed one.