Malfomed File

Feel free to ask any question here
rcc

Malfomed File

Post by rcc »

When attempting to open a large stl file, 2.3Gb, a pop up window opens displaying "Coordinates are to big (original precision may be lost)! Do you wish to translate/rescale the entity?"

I select "Yes to All", leave drop down window to "last input" & proceed with loading file. During course of the file loading I receive the following message " An error occurred while loading file: malformed file. Noted in the console there is a line with the error message " Error on line #83: failed to read 'vertex coordinates!"

I am not sure as to how to proceed with correcting these errors & would like to ask if anyone could advise.

Thanks,
Robert
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Malfomed File

Post by daniel »

Hum, that's strange. Especially since STL files are only able to store coordinates on 32 bits, therefore if there are indeed points with big coordinates, the precision is already lost...

Anyway, I don't think the error has anything to do with the Global Shift mechanism. Can you try to say 'no' to the question and see if the error still occurs? In this case I fear the file is indeed corrupted.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin