Contour Polyline to AutoCAD

Feel free to ask any question here
gordonired

Contour Polyline to AutoCAD

Post by gordonired »

Hi Daniel, first of all I would like to thank you for this piece of software. I have become a big fan of it, and am wanting to start using in our workflows at my company. I am having an issue right now extracting contour polylines taken from a point cloud using the cross section tool. I am saving the contour as a .dxf file, and attempting to import it into AutoCAD, with no success. I have tried other CAD softwares (Spaceclaim) and still do not see the lines.

While searching for an answer, I downloaded the .dxf file mentioned in this post: http://www.danielgm.net/cc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2388
I was able to import that .dxf file successfully into both CAD programs. I am using the newest version of CC. I have attached the saved .dxf of the contour (right.dxf), and can host or e-mail the point cloud slice (272KB) if you would like view it.
I look forward to any help you might offer, thank you.
Attachments
Right.zip
(10.25 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Contour Polyline to AutoCAD

Post by daniel »

Are you using the 2.9.1 version? (the DXF output was broken in the 2.9 version and the 2.9.1 version has been released a few days ago to fix exactly that ;).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
gordonired

Re: Contour Polyline to AutoCAD

Post by gordonired »

Well so much for having the latest version, that one came out really fast! Thank you the new version works for me.