Cloud to cloud comparison statistical analysis

Feel free to ask any question here
Cecilia

Cloud to cloud comparison statistical analysis

Post by Cecilia »

Hello:
I have recently started to use CC. I have performed a cloud to cloud comparison between two bones: the first one deformed and the second one undeformed. I would like to compute statistical analysis to support the data results. What would you recommend?
Thank you!!!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Cloud to cloud comparison statistical analysis

Post by daniel »

For statistics about the distances computation result, I believe the first option is to fit a (Normal) distribution on the distances with http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... parameters.

You'll get the mean distance, the standard deviation, the min and the max values.

For more statistics, you can export the distances (along with the points) if you save the cloud as an ASCII file. Use the semicolon as separator and you'll get a nice CSV file that you can import in Excel or Matlab for instance.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Maja

Post by Maja »

Hi Daniel,

Using the "Statistics" Tool does not show the min and max values (as you wrote in the reply on 3.11.2017), just the mean and std. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Am using CC v2.8.

Thanks!

best, Maja
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Actually those values can be read directly from the scalar field 'display parameters' in the cloud properties (see the 'min' and 'max displayed' values).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Maja

Post by Maja »

Oh I see. Clear!
Thanks!

best, m