Z correction

Feel free to ask any question here
Ax_Ahmed

Z correction

Post by Ax_Ahmed »

Hi,

Data generated from the scanner as XYZ coordinates, but sometimes the scanner or the floor is not straight. How to do the correction of the data via CloudCompare?

Please find the attached file, Capture. PNG the correction of the values was done by other software. I don't want to have a slope.

Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (91.26 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
s.jpg
s.jpg (41.49 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Z correction

Post by daniel »

You can do it:
- manually (with the 'Edit > Translate / rotate' tool)
- with the 'Edit > Level' tool (to pick 3 points on the 'horizontal plane' - however it might be hard to designate them accurately)
- or by fitting a plane (Tools > Fit > Plane) and then rotate the cloud to make the plane horizontal (a matrix to do this is automatically output in the console. Copy it and paste it in the 'Edit > Apply transformation' tool).

Refer to the wiki for more information about each tool.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Ax_Ahmed

Post by Ax_Ahmed »

Hi,

Thanks, Daniel. It worked! I was trying to find a solution for it and I wasted my time a lot! I have never thought its very simple! what an amazing software!I have used fit>plane and then I copied the matrix and paste it into apply transformation tool. But, do I have to do this before registering the 2 clouds or after. Becuase I have done the registration already before applying the transformation. Do I have to register the 2 clouds again? and I'm using the M3C2 plugin, do I have to apply this again?

Thanks again!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You can simply apply the 'Apply transformation' tool on both clouds at once
Ax_Ahmed

Post by Ax_Ahmed »

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't get what you mean?

Do I have to do this before registering the 2 clouds or after? Becuase I have done the registration already before applying the transformation.
Do I have to register the 2 clouds again? and I'm using the M3C2 plugin, do I have to apply this again?

Regards,
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You can apply it after the registration... Applying the same transformation on all clouds won't change their relative position.
giphy (1).gif
giphy (1).gif (638.28 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
Ax_Ahmed

Post by Ax_Ahmed »

haha! Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions. I'm not good at using software and trying to learn but because I don't have time and I have submission next week. I have replied to you on the other question forum ''Comparing 2 Point clouds ply file''. Could you kindly reply to my question on there please whenever you have time?

Merci!