M3C2

Feel free to ask any question here
daniel
Site Admin

Re: M3C2

Post by daniel »

I already spent waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your case.

This will be my last answer:
- no, the 'Fit plane tool' is not meant to be used on a cube (but on a planar surface, so if a cube has several planar faces, then you have to split it in several (flat) parts first). This tool could fit a plane on an cloud having the shape of an elephant. There's always a 'best fit plane" for any shape. This doesn't mean that the result will have any meaning...

- no, you don't need to select two clouds at a time (you can fit a plane on only one cloud). And applying the tool on two clouds, will simply give 2 planes: one for each cloud. Then you can do whatever you want with these planes, it only depends on what they "mean" for you. If you only want to use one plane (e.g. because you know one of them is the real horizontal plane), then you don't have to compute the two planes :|

CloudCompare is just a tool, just like a drill. You don't ask the drill, nor the guy who sell you the drill, where you should drill your holes, or do you? Oh, and in this case you didn't even buy the drill ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Ax_Ahmed

Re: M3C2

Post by Ax_Ahmed »

well, this is not a nice way to say! even if you spend much time. This is a forum for us to get help from you guys! if you feel that I have asked so many questions or repeatable questions, you could pass it on someone else whos happy to answer them!! I have sent you some files and you suppose to look at them when you have free time. If you cant look at them, tell me from the start that you are busy and cant look at all of them and we appreciate the work you do here! Sometimes your answers are confusing more and not straightforward! but thank you for your time!