round coordinate values by GCPs

Feel free to ask any question here
Sch

round coordinate values by GCPs

Post by Sch »

Hello,
I have got a really important question.
I use C2C method and my models are in real coordinate system, so each points have accurate XYZ coordinates according to the real location.
I would like to compare 2 models and I created 10 GCPs. These GCPs are in the same coordinate system as the two point clouds.
For example one GCP has fictive value: 126598.45632145 and 684123.12451212 (the mean essence is that the coordinate values contain so many numbers, after the comma, too)
And if I put a GCP point by point pair alignment method, the value will round by integer. In this case the two point pairs appear as value 126598 and 684123 on the table.
I have got exact coordinates and it doesn't matter, if I put the GCP, which Z value will assigned.
In this case: 126598 can be 126598.23145 with height Z 125.45m , 126598.11156879 with height Z 130.78m etc.... etc.... but the integer value will be same.
So my question is: Can I keep and use the original coordinate values by point alignment method? I tried to convert the whole model into local coordinate system and played a lot with global shift method, but if I converted it into the other system, the coordinates remaind the same.
Either I would like to use the model with my real coordinate system and put the GCPs by point alignment or I would like to convert it into the software's system, currently it fails... :(
Thank a lot for your help!!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: round coordinate values by GCPs

Post by daniel »

Hum, I looked into it with th debugger and it looks that the value is preserved internally by CloudCompare (with all the decimals, etc.). But when displayed in the array it is actually rounded!

This must be a new behavior from Qt... So don't worry, it's only the displayed number which is rounded, not the real one. I'll try to fix this for the next version.

And thanks for the feedback ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Sch

Post by Sch »

Thanks for your answer!
So simply defied: the software stores the exact coordinate values but it displayes the rounded form?
Does the method work inversely? I know the real XYZ values of each GCPs, I define manually in the dialog box point alignment (it is possible step) and the software uses this by registration? But in the dialog box it appears as rounded number.
So for example: I know the values of GCP X = 12345.6789, Y = 98765.4321, Z = 154.75 meter, I define this manually. Will the software put this on the area if interest despite if it appears as 12346, 98765 and 154.75 m?
Thanks a lot.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well, to make things clearer, you can download the latest 2.10.alpha version online.

The coordinates will be properly displayed, so that you can be sure to see the real coordinates every time.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Sch

Post by Sch »

Super, it's great! Thank you so much! I will try it! :)