About GUI

Feel free to ask any question here
cnnewton

About GUI

Post by cnnewton »

Hi,
Can I use MFC for GUI ? If I use CC core as view engine,can I change QT to MFC ? I read CC codes and know CC is closed with QT , Is possable to put CCLib into MFC ?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: About GUI

Post by daniel »

Hello,

CCLib is not depending on any GUI system. It is meant to be used by any kind of solution (to my knowledge, it is used - appart from qCC - by two other projects - one is purely in command line, and the other one is based on Virtools).

Recently, we add a dependency to Qt, but it's only for the QtConcurrent system (it enables easy parallelization on multiple cores). It shouldn't interfere with Windows MFC (in any case, you can supress this dependence by disabling the ENABLE_MT_OCTREE preprocessor).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
cnnewton

Post by cnnewton »

Thank you very much. CCLib is use to organize point data, it is powful, but how dose CCLib work in OpenGL ?
cnnewton

Post by cnnewton »

Hi,
ChunkedPointCloud can store more than 67M points thanks to it's "chunked" database. Does it's database means it's data structure ? Where dose it store data ? Memory or hard disk ?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I'll answer to both of your questions here:
- no OpenGL in CCLib, as it is only meant to apply geometry related algortihms. There's even no normal in point clouds. All the display related stuff is added by heritage in qCC_db (the "database" of qCC). This library is highly dependent on Qt however).

- ChunkedPointCloud are indeed a good way to store a lot of points in memory. It avoids the necessity of finding a big block of contiguous memory by allocating small chunks. It's "database" is in fact simply composed of 3D points and scalar fields
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
cnnewton

Post by cnnewton »

Thank you for your reply.