CMake Errors

All about Windows versions
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CMake Errors

Post by daniel »

Je doute que les binaires de Qt soient fournis pour Visual 2010. Et CloudCompare ne compilera de toute façon pas sur 2010. Il vous faut au moins Visual 2013. La version "Community" de Visual (version 2017 aujourd'hui) est gratuite.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

Hello sir,I am also facing same issue while building in windows,I am getting errors while compiling install in vs 2013 I have used qt 5.8 and cmake 3.90.
The errors are

Error C2440:'initializing': cannot convert from initializer list to QList <Qchar> in AsciiOpenDlg.cpp
And
Error LNK1104:cannot open file '...\libs\qcc_io\Debug\QCC_IO_LIBd.lib'

I have followed many tutorials but I am not able to configure this part.Any help would be appreciated.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Do you know the line index where the error occurs?

And do you have a specific character set (language) on Windows maybe?
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

Line no 140
And for the other one, no line number is being displayed
Now more errors are coming, I am not able to attach a screenshot regarding it.It's showing too large file.
Other one is
Error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86' regarding file ' Qt5cored.lib'
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

I don't know regarding character set of windows, I am using Windows 10. I am completely new to cmake and others, I followed the tutorial regarding build mentioned in github cloudcompare(build.md).
I also wanted to ask that after compilation, Is it possible to accees cloudcompare through Qt creator or visual studio only.
Can you guide for it?
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

Thank you for your instant reply.

With high regards
Hritika
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

It is also showing

Unable to start program
C:\Cloud Compare \build\Debug \INSTALL'
The system cannot find the file specified.

Then after this,other above mentioned errors are being reflected.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

- the LNK1112 error is easy: you have mixed the architecture of Qt and the compiler's one (you must select both to be 64 bits)
- you can perfectly compile / work with Qt Creator. In this case, forget about Visual and follow these instructions: http://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-project-cmake.html
- and for starting the 'installed' version of CloudCompare (the one compiled by the INSTALL project), see the comment in build.md about 'working with Visual Studio' (I guess the equivalent mechanism exists for Qt Creator)
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

Yes sir the error regarding architecture is resolved.Thank you.
Now only the following remains:
Error C2440:'initializing': cannot convert from initializer list to QList <Qchar> in AsciiOpenDlg.cpp(line 140)
And
Error LNK1104:cannot open file '...\libs\qcc_io\Debug\QCC_IO_LIBd.lib'

I am not able to rectify it.Can you suggest anything?
Hritika

Post by Hritika »

The errors are resolved.
But even after build is suucessful, executable file is not in the installation folder and it is not getting started if the command is set to Cloudcompare.sln in the properties of the project.It is showing that some files are missing.I followed as in the previous post regarding " The application was unable to start".