Site Admin

Re: CMake Errors

Post by daniel »

What compiler are you using?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
degenerate

Post by degenerate »

I'm trying to make a custom plugin, and as far as I understand this requires also building the whole Cloud Compare project since the DLLs are called via a C++ API. I managed to compile the program just fine, but it couldn't open LAS files. I noticed that the build instructions are out of date as PDAL is used instead of libLAS.

However, PDAL seems very difficult to build on Windows, and the binary distribution I downloaded via OSGeo4W doesn't seem to help here. The problem is that CloudCompare's PDALSupport.cmake looks for the source code distribution of PDAL (more precisely, it looks for PDALConfig.cmake) that isn't bundled with OSGeo4W.

I still got the headers and MSVC libraries I could use by manually hacking in the PDAL_LIBRARIES and PDAL_DLL_DIR variables to the CMake build, but I'm wondering what is the proper way to build PDAL? How is it done with the CloudCompare binary Windows releases you get from the website? Or should I just revert to an earlier CloudCompare version that uses libLAS?

Edit: Well I managed to build PDAL with these instructions and everything works now.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Thanks for the feedback!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin