How to project a cloudpoint into specific plan (xyz direction) / How to find the current plan of the viewer ?

Feel free to ask any question here
lmatteo

How to project a cloudpoint into specific plan (xyz direction) / How to find the current plan of the viewer ?

Post by lmatteo »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if it's possible to rasterize a cloud point on a wanted plan.

For example, I have Terrestrial Lidar cloudpoint of vertical or sub-vertical structures and I would like to make a DEM/rasterize with these cloudpoints. The rasterize tool allow us to rasterize a cloudpoint on only 3 directions so, I can not use it for this purpose.

I was thinking about using the viewer to place the cloudpoint on the good direction on the 3 axes, but I can't find how to build a plan of these directions. Or can we know what's the value of the 3 directions ? I think that I will be able to build a plan and then, to project all the points on it.
Is it possible to use the Viewpoint to find the wanted values ?

Thank's in advance.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to project a cloudpoint into specific plan (xyz direction) / How to find the current plan of the viewer ?

Post by daniel »

You should actually rotate the cloud (with the Manual Rotation/Translation tool: http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... ation_Tool) so that the part you want to rasterize lies in the XY, YZ or XZ plane. Then use the Rasterize tool.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin