CC crashes at startup

Feel free to ask any question here
angelina

CC crashes at startup

Post by angelina »

Hello,

we are currently experiencing the problem that CC keeps crashing on startup (Windows 10, 64-Bit) when a domain user without admin priviledges tries to start it. I have installed it under a local administrator account and it starts perfectly fine with this user. So I assume the graphic card is not the problem.

When started under the actual user account without admin priviledges it doesn't seem to launch but instantly crashes telling me it does no longer work and has to be closed or debugged.

Windows event log tells me this:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: CloudCompare.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f8ae652
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Qt5Gui.dll, Version: 5.9.9.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5de6cb26
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000007c0b0
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2a34
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d6a94a0d53755c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\CloudCompare\CloudCompare.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\CloudCompare\Qt5Gui.dll
Berichtskennung: a88ef1a2-c251-4e48-8315-e0dbb6ef6b9e
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CC crashes at startup

Post by daniel »

Interesting. It does crash because of a GUI issue, but indeed it's not because of the graphic card... Still it must be because of access rights to something.

Do you have the issue with any non-admin user? Or just a particular one? You could try to remove the registry keys for this user as a test (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CCCorp).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CC crashes at startup

Post by daniel »

Interesting. It does crash because of a GUI issue, but indeed it's not because of the graphic card... Still it must be because of access rights to something.

Do you have the issue with any non-admin user? Or just a particular one? You could try to remove the registry keys for this user as a test (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CCCorp).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin