Mesh file only exports in .bin format

Feel free to ask any question here
kari

Mesh file only exports in .bin format

Post by kari »

I have two meshfiles that I wish to align, one in PLY format and the other in OBJ. I've been using CC to align point clouds and it worked great, and if my understanding is correct, it should work well with meshes as well.

CC was able to load the meshes and align them. My problem is in saving the files. There was no 'Save As' option in the File menubar, I could only click 'Save' without offering any options to the file format. Once 'Save' is clicked, it auto-saves them as .bin files that Meshlab could no longer read. I tried extracting and mounting said .bin files to no avail as well.

Any help is appreciated. Details on my envs are below:

Cloud Compare version: 2.11.1
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Mesh file only exports in .bin format

Post by daniel »

Have you highlighted the two meshes at once before using the "File > Save" option maybe? In this case CC will suggest only the formats that supports to save several meshes at once (and there are not that many, especially on Linux ;).

You should highlight each mesh separately and save them one by one.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Mesh file only exports in .bin format

Post by daniel »

Have you highlighted the two meshes at once before using the "File > Save" option maybe? In this case CC will suggest only the formats that supports to save several meshes at once (and there are not that many, especially on Linux ;).

You should highlight each mesh separately and save them one by one.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin