Saving scalar fields/reflectance properites

For user feedback or tutorials
laurawade

Saving scalar fields/reflectance properites

Post by laurawade »

Hi Daniel,

I apologize if this question comes up all the time!

I am changing the reflectance properties for a segmented terrestrial lidar point cloud (scalar fields/active/Reflectance) and would like to save the point cloud with the scalar field changes as a .txt file. However, I can't save the changes in anything but a .bin file. Do you have any suggestions on how to save the point cloud with the scalar field changes? I am using version 2.10.2

Thank you! :)
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Saving scalar fields/reflectance properites

Post by daniel »

Normally, you should be able to save the cloud as an ASCII/TXT file. Be sure to select the cloud and only the cloud (not the group that contains it, and not several clouds at once for instance).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Normally, you should be able to save the cloud as an ASCII/TXT file. Be sure to select the cloud and only the cloud (not the group that contains it, and not several clouds at once for instance).
laurawade

Post by laurawade »

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, the cloud saved as an ASCII/TXT file does not save the scalar field reflectance properties. For example, when I save the cloud and only the cloud, it saves the segmentation changes, but it does not save the changes to reflectance values. When I upload the saved ASCII/TXT file back into cloudcompare or Matlab, it does not have the reflectance values that I changed. I have been looking through the forum but can't find anything to help. Thank you!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

How did you changed reflectance values? By playing with the display parameters maybe?