Export Label from triangle information

Feel free to ask any question here
tesdeg

Export Label from triangle information

Post by tesdeg »

Hi Daniel,
First of all thanks for creating this software, it has unique functions that I haven't found in other programmes.

I am trying to measure channel geometry in a point cloud. I'm doing this by using the triangle information tool. This gives me a label with coordinates, edge lengths and angles (like this: https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... nt_picking). I would like to export this to be able to copy it to excel for example. However I have not found a way to do this or otherwise copy the values of the label. Do you have any tips for this?

Kind regards, Tessa
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Export Label from triangle information

Post by daniel »

Hi,

Aren't these pieces of information displayed in the Console when you pick the 3 points? (F8).

From there you should be able to select the corresponding rows and copy-paste them elsewhere.

Otherwise, you can also "save" the label, and the close the picking tool, and highlight the label in the DB tree. You'll see in the label properties the "body" field, that you can once again copy and paste elsewhere.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
tesdeg

Post by tesdeg »

Hello Daniel,
Thanks for the fast reply! Yes you're right, I now managed to copy the values by hand. However i'll probably have to do this for around 150'ish triangles, so I hoped I could export it to e.g. .txt or .csv. Is there a way to do that?

Tessa
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah sorry I read too fast :D

And sadly no, not in the standard version. You would have to hack the code to do it...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
tesdeg

Post by tesdeg »

Okay, I'll find an alternative :) Big thanks for your help! You and your programme are really helping me with my MSc Thesis.