Searching a point by its index

Feel free to ask any question here
ringechpil_

Searching a point by its index

Post by ringechpil_ »

Hello all,

sorry if the similar question has been posed before. Well, as the title suggests, I'm having a bit of a trouble with 'point searching'. I'm wondering is there a way in CloudCompare to pick a point by providing its index? For example, I would like to see where exactly is the point #123321 located, and what are its coordinates, etc...
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Searching a point by its index

Post by daniel »

There's no easy way. You can generate the "Point ID" scalar field (Edit> Scalar fields > Add point indexes as SF). Then you can change the display parameters of this SF so as to see only the point with the right ID. And eventually pick it (with SHIFT + left click).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
ringechpil_

Post by ringechpil_ »

Well, that's a bummer... Quite strange that such a simple thing hasn't been made more accessible. But thanks for the answer, I hope it'll help!

Oh, one more thing: is there a (simpler) way to find a point based on it's coordinates?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You were the first to ask ;)

And to find a point based on its coordinate (once again, a new request ;): you could use the "crop" tool (where you can input a kind of 'query' box). Or you can create a single point and compute the distances to this point.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin