Strange view after align cloud

Feel free to ask any question here
icacjoe

Strange view after align cloud

Post by icacjoe »

Sorry, I am new in CC. I tried to align the cloud to Hong Kong 1980 Grid. The cloud is right in place finally. But the view become very strange afterward (see attached files). Would anyone can help? Many thanks!!!!!!!
Attachments
before aligned.JPG
before aligned.JPG (210.57 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
after aligned.JPG
after aligned.JPG (129.73 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Strange view after align cloud

Post by daniel »

This is due to the large coordinates. Has CloudCompare ever suggested to apply a (temporary) Global Shift during this process? If yes, then you must accept (otherwise you'll lose accuracy). And if not, I would be interested to know the steps you followed to reach this state?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
icacjoe

Post by icacjoe »

thank you Daniel,

I created the point cloud with handheld laser scanner. I placed some objects with known coordinates on site.
I found those objects in CC and used "align cloud" function to align the cloud to the coordinates (key-in).
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hum, normally it should have prompted you about applying a Global Shift if the coordinates were too large...

If not, would you mind sending me the coordinates and maybe the cloud? (or at least a super subsampled version of it). My email is 'admin [at] cloudcompare.org'
icacjoe

Post by icacjoe »

Thank you Daniel,

It may have prompted me at the first time. I wrongly chose "No" at that time. and no more prompt now. How can I activate that prompt again?
Thank you so much!!

The coordinates are 836000E, 828000N. I am now just shift it to 36000E, 28000N and apply a insert point 800000E, 800000N in Rhino in short run.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well, when you restart CC, it should definitely ask you again.