Crop2D CommandLine Mode: No point in selection message

Feel free to ask any question here
vittorio101

Crop2D CommandLine Mode: No point in selection message

Post by vittorio101 »

Dear all,

I'm working with lots (hundreds) of scanner files and use CC in command line mode together with a software, I wrote for this purpose. My problem is following:

When I use CloudCompare GUI and apply the crop-function on a cloud, I get a message "no point in selection" when I try to use a polyline, which doesnt match the cloud. But in command line mode the new "cropped" cloud is saved in the original form without any "error" message.

My question:
Is there a possibility to get the "no point in selection"- message (or similar) in command line mode? I would need a way to differ between clouds, which are correct cropped and those which are not... This would make live much easier!

Thanks in advance!
Vittorio
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Crop2D CommandLine Mode: No point in selection message

Post by daniel »

Hum, I guess it would be easy to do. Can't promise anything about when though!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
vittorio101

Post by vittorio101 »

Would be great!
WargodHernandez

Post by WargodHernandez »

posting an error message wouldn't really be difficult, but the command line is not interactive so you would need to think through what your going to do with the message and when.
Maybe have an option to not return a cropped cloud if there is no overlap with the polyline, then at least all follow on actions would be limited to successful crops?
vittorio101

Post by vittorio101 »

I do not really need an interactive command line... I use my software for batch processing of hundreds of scan files, if there would be an status/error message after completing the crop action on a file, this would be enough, I can analize this output and search for the message...

When using the GUI, such an message is given in the console, so I think, it would'nt be so difficult, also to output it on the command line?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hum, actually when looking at the code, you should see a warning message (something like "[Crop] No point of the cloud {cloud name} falls {in/out}side the input box!") and nothing should be saved afterwards...

Are you sure the box is not too big in your case? (hence all the points fall inside?)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
vittorio101

Post by vittorio101 »

Hi Daniel,

sorry for my late reply... Of course you are right, there is an error message im comand line mode, I fixed my problem! Sorry, I just overlooked the message...

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Vittorio