Unable to open the software

Feel free to ask any question here
megfgra

Unable to open the software

Post by megfgra »

I an new to this software and used it twice last week. I went to open the program again and it would not fully open. I tried downloading different versions and the same...I cannot open the program. The latest one I am trying to open is v2.12 alpha for windows 10 64-bit.

I just opens with a blank screen and says "Not Responding". I have the following specs on the Dell Alienware Aurora R8: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB HD, Intel UHD Graphics 630, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, and 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM. I have made sure everything is updated as well.

I am just stumped since I had used it a couple of times and then nothing. Any help is most appreciated.

--Michael
WargodHernandez

Re: Unable to open the software

Post by WargodHernandez »

Intel UHD Graphics 630, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
One of the first things to verify is that the application is using you GTX, I know there have been problems on systems with intel video cards previously, given that it has worked for you intermittently I suspect your power profile might be selecting the intel card when CC doesn't seem to work.
(I had the exact issue I just described previously)

How to Force A program To Use specific GPU in Windows 10
megfgra

Post by megfgra »

Thank you. I will give that a shot.
riquirg01

Post by riquirg01 »

WargodHernandez wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:57 pm
Intel UHD Graphics 630, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
One of the first things to verify is that the application is using you GTX, I know there have been problems on systems with intel video cards previously, given that it has worked for you intermittently I suspect your power profile might be selecting the intel card when CC doesn't seem to work.
(I had the exact issue I just described previously)

How to Force A program To Use specific GPU in Windows 10
Hi!
I have the same problem. I install de progrma few days ago, and it worked fine. The problems came when i tried to run the program from the GPU, them it hangs during the boot. I have tried following the stepts in the the link, but it doesn´t solve the problem. Any idea what may be failing?
megfgra

Post by megfgra »

"One of the first things to verify is that the application is using you GTX, I know there have been problems on systems with intel video cards previously, given that it has worked for you intermittently I suspect your power profile might be selecting the intel card when CC doesn't seem to work.
(I had the exact issue I just described previously)"

I tried doing this and it did not work. It is as if the program won't even open/load to the point of needing the graphics card. I pulled up the performance tab and both GPUs were at 0-2%. Any other ideas are welcomed.
ebash

Post by ebash »

I am having this same problem - was there ever a solution? I have used Cloud Compare for years and this is the first time I have had a problem with it.
Thank you,
Eleanor

My machine:
Intel i7-10750H
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You can try this:
  • open the 'Registry editor' (Win + R: regedit.exe)
  • Browse to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CCCorp
  • Delete the subfolder named 'CloudCompare'
Then you can attempt to start CloudCompare again!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
ebash

Post by ebash »

Daniel,
I have had this same problem again.. Any idea why it happens? I think the last time your suggestion of deleting the Registry Key folder worked, but this time it didn't. I was using Cloud Compare yesterday afternoon and this morning it freezes on the startup screen, with no restart in between.
Thank you,
Eleanor

My machine:
Intel i7-10750H
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I have the same issue from time to time. I saw that it happens especially when Qt tries to restore the CloudCompare window on a screen which is not the master one). I believe the latest version of the the 2.12.alpha version is already patched so that CloudCompare window is always restored on the main screen. It should help.

And to delete the registry keys, make sure CloudCompare is properly stopped (i.e. that the process is not running/frozen in the background).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Begonio

Post by Begonio »

I had a similar problem, and I deleted the CloudCompare key folder, but it didn’t help. Every time the same problem occurred.