Rasterize by command line: not finding the output

All about Windows versions
sara.gagliolo

Rasterize by command line: not finding the output

Post by sara.gagliolo »

Hi,
I have been using CloudCompare for years through the GUI, nevertheless I need now to take confidence with the command line version. I'm working on Windows, trying to apply the RASTERIZE command. Although the syntax seems correct and the console gives the message "Job done", I can't find anywhere the saved output of the procedure:

%CloudCompareExe% -AUTO_SAVE ON -O %ImportFilePath% -RASTERIZE -GRID_STEP 0.05 -PROJ MAX -OUTPUT_CLOUD

Instead, if I try to better specify the path for the output like in the following option, it throws back the message "Invalid parameter: specified 3 file names, but there are 0 clouds.":

%CloudCompareExe% -AUTO_SAVE OFF -O %ImportFilePath% -RASTERIZE -GRID_STEP 0.05 -PROJ MAX -OUTPUT_CLOUD -C_EXPORT_FMT ASC -EXT txt -SAVE_CLOUDS FILE %ExportFilePath%

How can I set the output filename and path with the right syntax in order to find my final result?
Thanks in advance.
BR,
Sara
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Rasterize by command line: not finding the output

Post by daniel »

Do you expect a cloud or a raster as output?

But anyway, you should normally see a cloud with the same name as the input cloud, but with '_RASTER' appended at the end... (before the extension).

The second command line should also work... Maybe you can try to put %ExportFilePath% between double quotes? Especially if there are space characters in your path?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin