Animation Plugin Question

For any question about plugins!
carymc

Animation Plugin Question

Post by carymc »

Hello,

I have used CC animation in the past to show a virtual flythrough of a PC and it worked very well. I am trying to create a type of animation through time, where I take a viewpoint of data collected on one day and then hide that PC layer, show a more recent PC layer, take a view point and would like to continue that progression through multiple PCs. When I try, I seem to take the same viewpoint regardless of the hidden or shown PC layers.

Should I be able to do this in CC? Am I just setting up the viewpoints incorrectly?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Animation Plugin Question

Post by daniel »

Hi,

Viewports, are really only a way to save the position of the OpenGL camera. They are not linked to any entity (visibility). They are independent on the contents of the database.

I fear what you are trying to do won't work with viewports. You would need a different kind of object (that would retain the visibility of specific entities).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
mathygreen

Post by mathygreen »

I have used CC animation in the past to show a virtual flythrough of a PC and it worked very well.

I am trying to create a type of animation through time, where I take a viewpoint of data collected on one day and then hide that PC layer, show a more recent PC layer, take a view point and would like to continue that progression through multiple PCs.

When I try, I seem to take the same viewpoint regardless of the hidden or shown PC layers.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah, that's probably because viewpoints and entities are totally independent (the visibility of entities is not saved in viewport entities).

You should probably generate a nice screen capture (Display > Render to file) of each PC, and then use another tool to generate a video from these still images...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin