Using Clud Layers with Cross Sections

For any question about plugins!
Rubs

Using Clud Layers with Cross Sections

Post by Rubs »

Hello.

First of all, thank you for provide us with such a powerful tool to manage point clouds.

I want to refine the classification of a pointcloud using Cloud Layers, but I need to operate over a Cross Section. The problem is that I'm not able to call Cloud Layers plugin while I'm visualizing a cross ssection.

The only I can do is export the the cross section as a new cloud and reclassify there the points. But then the classification is not updated in the main point cloud.
1 - Main point cloud.png
1 - Main point cloud.png (898.65 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
2 - Reclassifyed section.png
2 - Reclassifyed section.png (94.91 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
I have tried to update the classification of the points using the "Interpolate from another entity" tool from the Scalar Field menu (using the nearest neighbor setting). But the result (after a very long processing time) is that all the points change their classification, and not only those present in the cross section.
3 - Interpolate SF from other entity.png
3 - Interpolate SF from other entity.png (619.58 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
4 - Result.png
4 - Result.png (754.68 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
Any idea how to do it?

Actually not being able to work based on sections when reclassifying is an important limitation.

Thanks!!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Using Clud Layers with Cross Sections

Post by daniel »

If you can, you should use the 'scissors' tool instead, and 'split' the original cloud in 2 parts. Then update the classification on one part, and merge the 2 parts back together. This should keep the original classification on the other points.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin