Command Line Set SF by NAME

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
PablerasBCN

Command Line Set SF by NAME

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi

Setting active SF usgin the string would be much better because makes the .bat more readable and mor reusable. Even using the same dataset adressing the SF by index becomes a hassle soon after you start adding SF like when computing geometrical features etc -SET_ACTIVE_SF Intensity or whatever other field. would be epic.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Command Line Set SF by NAME

Post by daniel »

Yes, that makes a lot of sense indeed.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
cmackSIO

Post by cmackSIO »

Curious if this has been implemented yet - I see the option on the cloud compare wiki but when I try to use '-set_active_sf', 'CANUPO.class' it says the name is invalid. I'm using powershell and have tried variations '-CANUPO.class' '"Canupo.class"' etc and nothing works - I can use SF 4 for most of my clouds but some of them are missing fields so CANUPO wont always be SF 4. Any advice on this? Thanks in advance and for everything you guys are doing!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah yes it is! But you need the latest 2.13.alpha version.

And you should add simple quotes around the SF name, so if simple quotes have a meaning for PowerShell, you might want to add them twice maybe?
cmackSIO

Post by cmackSIO »

Hmm can't seem to get it to work, I think its just powershell's treatment of the quotation marks - I should be able to get by using the index though. One other related question, I'm trying to get rid of vegetation using CANUPO before running M3C2 - is there a best practice for filtering a cloud after CANUPO classification using command line? I want to extract points that are class one, along with any uncertain points - basically just cut out anything that is defined as class 2 (vegetation) over 80% confidence. With command line, if I define the scalar field filter to be 0-1.5 for example I only get class one points and lose a large chunk of uncertain points. I'm able to get around this in the GUI version by doing 1.5-2.5 and calling the split command and using the cloud outside the range - is there a 'split' or 'outside' option implemented for filter_sf by any chance? Or is there a better way that I'm not aware of to get rid of class 2 points using command line? Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks again. Cheers.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah, good point, the 'Split' option was not implemented in the command line version. We should definitely add it.