Registration Raport

Feel free to ask any question here
Qrack

Registration Raport

Post by Qrack »

Hi, 
I've been testing CloudCompare for a few days now and one thing is bothering me, registration based on spheres, and checkboards went smoothly. However I need some sort of end raport, from all connections, aligned scans and targets. Something similar to information visible at the end of connections between two clouds. Is there a way to do it? Am I missing something?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Registration Raport

Post by daniel »

Ah no indeed, CC doesn't have this feature yet.

Can you give more explicit specifications of what you were expecting? (in case someone has the motivation to add such a feature - not sure who, as CC is an open-source tool and you have to find motivated developers ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Qrack

Post by Qrack »

When i tell cc that this point have those xyz coordinates, it would be nice, that i could name that point, and program would save it somwhere, and at the end of registration it would pop out some raport containing informations like dx, dy, dz between pointcloud and reference points. CC shows you those informations in aligment step, so the real question is how to possess those information and store them
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ok, I added the easy part: the Align tool will now output the list of points used and the final distance between them in the Console (as a semicolon separated 'table'.

For the naming of the points, you can already create labels on the clouds or meshes you align (with SHIFT + left click or the 'Point picking' tool). You can then rename these labels (F2, or double click on their entry in the DB tree). A last option is if you have GCPs in a separate text file, you can add a 'column' in there with their names, and the the more recent versions of CC will load these names as labels automatically.

Eventually, you can pick these labels in the 'Align' tool (which is easier as they are generally larger), and CC will use the label name in the Align tool table (and now in the report).

The 2.13.beta version with this improvement will be online soon (before the end of the week-end).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin