Default viewport in .bin file

Feel free to ask any question here
coop

Default viewport in .bin file

Post by coop »

Hello everybody,

I have this device that generates very long, very narrow point clouds (all points located in a 6,000 m x 50 m x 50 m box). When I save it in a .bin file after doing some cleaning up, I save a few interesting viewports alongside so I can quickly activate one to see interesting features in the point cloud.

The problem is, when I open the .bin file, it always default to the default view from far above, which makes the point cloud almost invisible. I don't mind because I know I can simply activate one of the saved viewports. But I'd like to give that .bin file to the marketing guys, or even customers, and tell them "Open this in CloudCompare to see what the device can do" without having to explain that they should pick one of the viewports in the list and activate it too.

Is there any way to define a default viewport that CloudCompare would immediately apply upon opening the .bin file?

Thanks!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Default viewport in .bin file

Post by daniel »

Ah, not at the moment. I believe this idea has already been added to the TODO list. However there too many ideas in this list, and not enough contributors...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
coop

Re: Default viewport in .bin file

Post by coop »

Thanks!