Ruler or Tape Measure

Feel free to ask any question here
mankoff

Ruler or Tape Measure

Post by mankoff »

I'd like to add a scale / ruler / tape measure to a scene. I don't see mention of these words on the forum or in the UI or the manual, but many screenshots on the manual have a scale bar. How do I add one?

Thanks,

-k.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Ruler or Tape Measure

Post by daniel »

So you don't see the ruler at the bottom left part of the 3D window? It should be there (as it is a default feature of CC) but I heard that it doesn't draw with some graphic card (for instance Intel's). What is your configuration? (OS and graphic card)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
mankoff

Post by mankoff »

OS is OS X 10.6.8.
Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

CC is running inside VirtualBox running Windows XP.

Still would LOVE an OS X port. Do you know of a site that would take bounties for completing the port? I would be willing to pay ~$100 USD. I know that isn't much, but there might be other OS X users who are willing to support a port.
SeanZzz

Post by SeanZzz »

I'm having a similar problem. I was having a great time playing around with the program when I noticed that my scale bar disappeared. Can I get it back somehow?

Thanks,
-Sean
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Do you also use CC in virtual box?

There's a true MacOS version now (thanks to Andy: http://asmaloney.com/software/).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
SeanZzz

Post by SeanZzz »

I stay away from the emulators. I'm running the mac version right now, and I hope to get a windows partition soon..
I'm not sure, is there some way to reinstall and reset some config files on mac OSX 10.8? There used to be a scale bar, and now it's gone!