Cannot load plugin qPCL

All about Windows versions
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Cannot load plugin qPCL

Post by daniel »

Interesting side effect. I'll look in this direction then (before compiling qRansac, was qPCL the only plugin?)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
olivierl

Post by olivierl »

Yes it was.
By the way, your software is terrific, thank you!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Okay I fixed the issue (the Plugins menu was not enabled as long as a plugin with only one method was not loaded (and as the qPCL as several of them, the Plugins menu was staying disabled).

Thanks for the feedback.

P.S.: I've pushed the modification on the 'CleanMeshCutter' branch for now.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
ZilongS

Post by ZilongS »

olivierl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 am Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful. I could start cloudcompare with the pcl plugin using prebuilt pcl. I had to edit the PATH variable for that and add: "D:\DEV\PCL\3rdParty\VTK\bin;D:\DEV\CloudCompare\install\CloudCompare_debug;D:\DEV\PCL\bin;D:\DEV\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2012_64_opengl\bin".
It's a bit dirty, because I needed to compile VTK to get it detected by cloudcompare cmake (VTK of PCL-pre-built was not detected) but eventually I use VTK of PCL-prebuilt.

So, when I launch cloudcompare compiled with pcl plugin, I can see in the console the following messages:

Code: Select all

[11:13:02] Plugins lookup dir.: D:/DEV/CloudCompare/install/CloudCompare_debug/plugins
[11:13:02] Found new plugin: 'QCSV_MATRIX_IO_PLUGINd.dll'
[11:13:02] 	plugin name: [CSV Matrix I/O filter]
[11:13:02] 	file extension: CSV
[11:13:02] Found new plugin: 'QPCL_IO_PLUGINd.dll'
[11:13:02] 	plugin name: [PCL I/O filter]
[11:13:02] 	file extension: PCD
[11:13:02] Found new plugin: 'QPCL_PLUGINd.dll'
[11:13:02] 	plugin name: [PCL wrapper]
Meaning that the plugins are loaded.
Similarly, in menu Help>About Plugins.., QCSV, QPCL_IO and QPCL plugins are detected.

But... the plugin menu is disabled, and I can not access to the PCL plugin
Any idea?
Thanks,
Olivier

PS: I am trying to postpone PCL compilation on windows as it seems many people have difficulties with that.

Hello, Olivier,
I have the same problem taht " QPCL_IO_PLUGINd.dll does not seem to be a valid plugin (Cannot load library C:\CloudCompare\CloudCompareProjects\CloudCompare_debug\plugins\QPCL_IO_PLUGINd.dll: Le module spécifié est introuvable.)"

It seems that you have fixed this problem, but I don't understand how you did it, can you explain more to me?