Where are some plugins?

Any question about the main GUI application (frontend)
jgpallero

Where are some plugins?

Post by jgpallero »

Hello:

I've cloned CC from the git repo and I've compiled it in Linux. I've selected to install the qBLUR, dDUMMY, dEDL, qHPR,qKINECT, qPCV, qPOISSON_RECON, qRANSAC, qSRA and qSSAO plugins. The cmake-gui configuration step gives:

Code: Select all

Boost version: 1.55.0
Found the following Boost libraries:
  program_options
  thread
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qBlur
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPCL
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPoissonRecon
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qRANSAC_SD
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qDummyPlugin
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qKinect
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qCork
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qHPR
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qSRA
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qEDL
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qPCV
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qCSVMatrixIO
Auto-add plugin subdir:/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/plugins/qSSAO
i.e., all selected plugins are recognized.

Compilation and installation processes works OK, and I can see in the plugins/ installation folder all related libraries: libQBLUR_PLUGIN.so, libQDUMMY_PLUGIN.so, libQEDL_PLUGIN.so, libQHPR_PLUGIN.s, libQKINECT_PLUGIN.so, libQPCV_PLUGIN.so, libQPOISSON_RECON_PLUGIN.so, libQRANSAC_SD_PLUGIN.so, libQSRA_PLUGIN.so, and libQSSAO_PLUGIN.so

But, as it can be seen in the attached image, in the Plugins menu of CC I can see only 6 of 10 selected plugins. Where are the missing ones?
plugins.png
plugins.png (14.26 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Where are some plugins?

Post by daniel »

To load the qKinect plugin you'll need to install the OpenKinect drivers first (if you have a Kinect of course ;).

And the qSRA, qEDL and qBlur plugins are 'OpenGL filters/shaders'. They appear in the 'Display > Shaders & filters' menu.

P.S.: the qDummyPlugin shouldn't be built by default (it is meant to be used as a backbone for developers creating new plugins).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jgpallero

Post by jgpallero »

And where is the qPoissonRecon plugin?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Has the file been copied in the plugins directory? (after compiling the INSTALL sub-project)
jgpallero

Post by jgpallero »

daniel wrote:Has the file been copied in the plugins directory? (after compiling the INSTALL sub-project)
I've cloned the git repo (with --recursive, so it was alsothe PoissonRecon code cloned), selected the PoissonRecon plugin (plus others), configure and compile CC. In the installation /opt/cloudcompare/CloudCompare/plugins/ folder is (among others) the file libQPOISSON_RECON_PLUGIN.so, so I suppose the plugin was created. But I can't find the PoissonRecon option in the menus.

As you said, in 'Display > Shaders & filters' menu I can see the BLUR, EDL and SSAO options, but no the SRA, which I can't also find it

There is also a warning about a possible overflow:

Code: Select all

[ 15%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/ccNormalVectors.cpp.o
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/libs/qCC_db/ccNormalVectors.cpp: In static member function ‘static PointCoordinateType ccNormalVectors::GuessBestRadius(ccGenericPointCloud*, CCLib::DgmOctree*, CCLib::GenericProgressCallback*)’:
/home/topo/Desktop/trunk/libs/qCC_db/ccNormalVectors.cpp:309:96: warning: integer overflow in expression [-Woverflow]
     unsigned randomIndex = static_cast<unsigned>(floor((static_cast<double>(rand()) / (RAND_MAX+1)) * cloud->size()));
                                                                                                ^
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Have you updated the list of dynamic libraries? (sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v')