Nasty display bug with saturation cursor

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Dimitri

Nasty display bug with saturation cursor

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

I've had this issue since about 2.6.2: when I change the saturation triangle with the mouse back and forth, at some point cloudcompare crash (it seems to be especially the case on large clouds > 40 millions points). It seemed apparently random, but was really annoying when you had 500 millions point loaded, and you had to reload them ;-)

I've checked again on the latest 2.6.3 beta, and I have the same. Now, I've found a way to reproduce it systematically:
. I open a large las file (50 millions points), I display the intensity, and I change the saturation with the cursor back and forth. I don't change the view or anything, just the saturation.
. On my workstation with a geforce 970, opengl 4.5.0, it takes about 30 sec of this back and forth movement for CC to crash.
. On my laptop, with a geforce 920, opengl 4.4.0, it takes a longer time (about 1 min playing the mouse) with exactly the same dataset.

Strange, isn't it ?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Nasty display bug with saturation cursor

Post by daniel »

This is indeed a nasty one! So far I've only reproduced it once... It will be hard to track it down...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Dimitri

Re: Nasty display bug with saturation cursor

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

yes, this one seems tricky. Changing the saturation by changing the value is ok (but I didn't do it for 5 minutes ;-)). Maybe it's an issue with Qt itself or some drivers on my card...?

Cheers and thank you for having look into this.

Anyone else had this problem, or I'm the only one ?

Dimitri