LAS intensity issue

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
tallan34

Re: LAS intensity issue

Post by tallan34 »

Hi There,

I have imported a .las file formed merged point clouds created in GeoSLAM Hub using Zeb-revo data I have obtained for a small building survey. I am unable to display the colours of the scan, and there is no option to change the colours in the proprieties tab.

How would I be able to display the colours, to represent the scan intensity. When i display by scalar field, it displays the scans as just one colour.

When importing the scans orignally into CC, they are all white points.

Hope someone can help soon!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: LAS intensity issue

Post by daniel »

Not all LAS files have RGB colors and/or intensity.

If it had some, CC would have displayed it by default (you should see the various available 'sources' of colors in the 'Colors' field of the cloud properties - you should see 'RGB' there if the cloud has RGB colors).

And when you select the 'Scalar field' source, make sur the 'Active' scalar field (in the 'Scalar fields' section of the properties) points to the right scalar field (by default LAS files have an 'Intensity' scalar field generally).

And if you have one, be aware that you can then change the color ramp and its parameters to control how its displayed.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin