Label moving

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
WargodHernandez

Re: Label moving

Post by WargodHernandez »

On Monday I'll see if I can make a file that won't have any proprietary bits in it, and as minimal as possible that still causes the issue.
I have nothing but clouds, sensors, and planes in any of the files. All the clouds start as *.pcd files and default sensors are added from the PCL plugin, then segmentation and plane fitting. I've automated a lot of those steps but the issue has been around for me since before they were automated.
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

That's interesting because strangely today I started a new file and the labels are selecting and moving without issue so it's not my PC after all.

My 'problematic' file has primatives and imported meshes in it, this new file just clouds and the labels are behaving so maybe it is related to file content?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yes, maybe. And thanks to 'WargodHernandez', I also identified an issue with the unique IDs of entities (that are way too big, and this make the OpenGL picking fail as it relies on these IDs).

For the records, how big are your entities IDs? (this can be read in the 'Info' entry of the entity properties)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

I think you have it Daniel and WargodHernandez.
Today I have a BIN file with several small clouds (~1000 points) with labels attached - selecting these is fine but on a larger cloud in the same BIN file with around 5,600,000 points the 2 labels created are unselectable with the mouse.

The object ID of the un-selectable Label is: Object ID: 4166422777 - Children: 0
The selectable ones have much lower numbers, such as: Object ID: 14691 - Children: 0
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Can you try with the latest 2.11.beta release? (non stereo). I updated it yesterday with a fix to this 'ID' issue.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Sorry for the delay in replying....... other things got in the way.

Yup, I reckon you've fixed it. Thank you - it makes things much easier for me to get screenshots of the labels in the correct places.