Snap download gives me 2.10-Beta even in Stable channel, Cloudcompare can't be launched [Ubuntu 14.04]

All about Linux portage
TheOrdinaryMan

Snap download gives me 2.10-Beta even in Stable channel, Cloudcompare can't be launched [Ubuntu 14.04]

Post by TheOrdinaryMan »

Title. When I try to Download the 2.9.1 release it downloads the 2.10 release, and the worst part is I can't even find out how to launch that version. cloudcompare.CloudCompare doesn't work, neither does going into the files and running it from the snap folder.

Help? I'm just trying to update the version so I can fix a rendering problem.
Romain.Janvier

Re: Snap download gives me 2.10-Beta even in Stable channel, Cloudcompare can't be launched [Ubuntu 14.04]

Post by Romain.Janvier »

It's really 2.9, but I messed up with release number on the snap package (If a day you manage to launch it, you'll see it's really 2.9 ;). I don't know if snap is running flawlessly in 14.04, it's really supported since 16.04. Cannocical have made a sort of backport for 14.04 but I'm not really sure it's on par with 16.04. I remember I read somewhere you have to reboot your computer after installing snapd, an try to launch it with the Unity shell, not command line for now.