Coordinates are too big - issue

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
AndrewPerth

Coordinates are too big - issue

Post by AndrewPerth »

Hello,

would it be possible to have the "warning: previously used shift/or scale don't seem to adapted to this entity" not pop up again after hitting yes to all? In this instance there are over 600 point cloud tiles that cover a huge area. To load them in I am currently using a tape dispenser to hold down the enter key while I wait.
data loading issue.PNG
data loading issue.PNG (37.34 KiB) Viewed 16489 times
It would really improve the ease of loading files into cloud compare if it didn't pop up every time after hitting yes to all. Alternatively if it loaded all the files in then applied a global shift based on the total extents of the loaded data instead of figuring out the shift from the first loaded in file.

cheers,

Andrew
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Coordinates are too big - issue

Post by daniel »

Don't you use the 'Yes to all' button? Because in this case it only stops when it encounters large coordinates that cannot be 'fixed' with the previous Global shift values.

Or did I missed something?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
AndrewPerth

Post by AndrewPerth »

Hi Daniel,

yes i do used yes to all. However the window just pops up again for the next file.

For large topographic datasets it encounters large coordinates that cannot be fixed and the window i posted pops up for every subsequent file. Thus I end up with something on my keyboard holding the enter key down while i get a coffee. Some way to get around having it pop up every time would be really helpful.

cheers,

Andrew
irishvik

Post by irishvik »

Experiencing the same limitation here, specifically when loading in 3DEP data from USGS LiDAR scans hosted on AWS. I did see an excellent post from Max72 here: http://www.danielgm.net/cc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386; however, the script fails due to the number of point clouds being loaded (in my case 31,000+).
AndrewPerth

Post by AndrewPerth »

Yeah I'm encountering this issue again, 519 individual .xyz files that as a single box is 37,600 m by 37,700 m.

The only solution I have is to put something heavy on my keyboard to hold down the enter key and go make a coffee while it loads the files.

kind regards,

Andrew
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Otherwise you can slightly increase the Global Shift limits so that the popup doesn't appear anymore... (but don't increase it too much otherwise you'll have some accuracy issues!).

See 'File > Global Shift settings'.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin